Before I begin my latest post - let me say thank you for all those who have e-mailed me with regards to my last entry. At times I wonder how many people actually read this. And I'm so happy to see so much understanding and yet sad to see so many of you feel that same disappointment in your otherwise happy lives. But if anything, its proof we are not alone in our feelings and maybe we can figure out a solution to this 'time' issue.Spring has finally arrived There are buds on the trees and the cherry blossoms are emanating a radiant pink.
Temperatures are in the 60’s and 70’s and the world has started walking again (which is especially rare here in NJ.)
There is a consistent sound of children laughter, teenage cursing and cars ‘pumping’ music as they cruise down the street outside my window.
And then the familiar tinkle of Mr. Softee streams through and in turn I find myself humming the fresh prince’s summertime in the back of my mind.
This morning alone, as I dressed I heard birds singing.
And I’m blue.
With spring comes spring fever and reminders of childhood daily outings to parks and the schoolyard.
I remember being out all day in the sunshine with friends playing or just loitering.
Instead of the joy of this, I’m stuck in the alternate reality that is adulthood.
I view the beautiful blue skies between black binds and tinted windows from my office.
The only sounds that radiate are the hums of the computer, CNBC and my co-workers voices.
I sit under the oppressive florescent lighting yearning to run through the grass of an open field and to lie and stare at the white clouds float by.
I wish I did not have the obligation of sitting in front of a computer day in and day out.
I wish I was a kid again.
No scratch that.
I’m glad to be the person I am, but I just want to have the relative lifestyle of a child.
The ability to run carefree for an hour should I get the itch to do so.
The seemingly endless hours afforded to children in their minds, where summers feel like years and the period between lunch and dinner in a lifetime long.
The lack of fiscal responsibility.
I’ve had the itch to roller skate lately.
To bike ride.
To be out doors.
Yes – welcome
Spring and the slight funk that comes with it.
I resolve to get outside more often.
Out of the house even if just in the evenings walking around town.
I will take what I can of the time afforded to me to get outdoors and enjoy.
I will let the sunset guide me rather then the clock.
And I’ll take along my camera and document it!

2 comments:
LOVE!!!! that picture of Ari!!!! How cute!
Kat
it's beautiful out.... i am at work too and my son is at the park without me!!!!
Post a Comment