He had calmed down but his lip and nose were swollen. His nose had stopped bleeding. We Sat in the couch putting ice packs on his nose and letting him suck on as many ice pops as he wanted (which did wonders for reducing the swelling in his mouth. No cuts. His nose swelling prevented us from seeing if it was broken. I honestly don't think it is but I'm no doctor. I read online that it can't be really diagnosed until the swelling subsides and that I need only worry if the bleeding doesn't stop, he can't seem to breathe through his nose or it is obviously crooked. By the end of the movie all was right in the world to Ari. Yes, his nose was swollen (top part, not the tip) but he didn't have a care in the world. And he was very good at putting the ice on it. So good in fact that this morning although it was still swollen, it wasn't so much so and the bruising was really minimal.
Beyond that Ari started camp today. Rob dropped him off and I'm going to pick him up. It’s the first time he has ever been in an all day thing and I have to say, I'm terribly anxious about it. You ever get so nervous that you feel chest pain? It’s like your heart actually hurts. That’s me right now. I’m worried that he won’t enjoy himself, or that he will feel abandoned. Rob called me when he dropped him off. He’s never been to the camp himself so both Rob and Ari got to see it for the first time. Rob said that when they went into the room, he was a bit scared. He was clingy to Rob and unsure of himself. But he warmed up to it and even said Goodbye to Rob without issue. Rob liked the place which is good as Rob’s so damn particular with things. So I sit here in anticipation of picking him up.
This is also the first time he’s had to eat lunch. This is another of my anxious points. Ari is a bit spoiled by the grandmother’s when it comes to lunch. He always has hot meals and most time, he’s fed. He’s terribly lazy when having to feed himself anything except waffles so I know he’s basically spoon fed most of the time. So now he has to feed himself. Beyond that, he’s not one for sandwiches or cold food with the exception of peanut butter, which of course isn’t allowed. So I worry that he’s going to be very hungry.
I can’t wait to see what he thinks of it.
My current favorite picture to end this post
No comments:
Post a Comment