What’s worse is that during this state I actually go numb. E-mails go unanswered, calls go to voicemail and I just step away from myself. I see them all come in and at time read/listen to them, I know that they’re an easy answer and easy fix and yet I ignore them. My research becomes dated; my plans gather dust and soon the spiders begin their network of webs. And at about that time something fuels me back to life and I clear the cobwebs in my brain and get back to doing what I was supposed to do. Most of them are the most trivial things; Things that would have taken me seconds if not minutes to complete and yet I have let them fester and gurgle and procrastinate on. It’s one of my worst faults. I just drag things out rather than just completing them. Laziness and boredom take over my usual energetic and magnanimous attitude.
Funks are funny that way. I think many of us are overwhelmed with life in general. We don’t take enough time to smell the roses. Instead we run around full throttle and way above the body’s speed limit and we have the audacity to bitch and moan and complain about it all along. We wonder why we’re so tired, why we don’t have time and why we are aging so quickly. I yell at myself often – SLOW THE F*CK DOWN - but who listens to their own advice? My brain is so overloaded with what it needs to do that it has no time to stop and listen to reason. I’d like to figure out a way to make it SHUT UP.
And then there are those moments of ZEN. Those moments where your mind and body and spirit are where they need to be. Where life is happiness, worries are minimal and smiles permeate ever being around you. It’s utter joy! It’s as simple as playing in a pile of leaves.





Life needs to be more simple.
4 comments:
Hmm...life sure is a contradiction of sorts! :-)
However, I think it all boils down to our priorities and what's important to us at that particular moment in time.
You clearly have priorities--as those cute photos of your kids attest to.
We are all guilty of getting sidetracked from the things we want in life. However it doesn't mean that we've forgotten where we want to go. It just means that now is not the right time because something is much more important & needs our undivided attention. I'm a firm believer that things happen when they are meant to happen.
In the past, I have made things happen only to realize that the timing was not right. So be kind to Dianne! You're smart and savvy. You love your family : )
I have the utmost faith that those wonderful ideas you have will come to fruition someday soon at the right time. So jot them down and keep it in a journal for safe keeping so you don't forget! Good ideas are worth documenting. That way we don't forget.
I think in order to stay focused on our goals we need to first take care of ourselves. Being in a funk is a sign that you need to take a step back & find out what the heck is going on here! : )
We are no good to others and to our passions if we don't step back and take our "me time." It doesn't have to be a lot of time. "Me" time helps me to regroup and recharge. Reassess my priorities.
Yes--your family needs you, your clients need you, your job needs you, your friends need you, etc.
But what good are you to any of them and to all the wonderful ideas you have if you don't take care of what Dianne needs too? Make YOU just as important a priority. : )
well said J. I thank you for taking the time to say it.
One of my mom's favorite things to say is "all in due time" and its hard for this impatient Sagittarius to accept that sometimes.
Being an impulsive Aries myself, I am constantly reminding myself to heed my own advice! : )
Oh my, WEIRD.
I came to the conclusion recently...mabye a few months ago, that I am very good at sabotaging myself. And, I was going to use that as a status update on Facebook! :)
I do the exact same stuff all the time. I could've written this blog post to a T. Seriously weird.
Post a Comment